When booking a play session our visitors agree to Totcity’s terms and conditions:
- Totcity is a play centre where the parents or guardians accept full responsibility for the supervision of the children in their care. Totcity staff cannot be asked to supervise any child for any reason.
- Children of all ages are welcome to play, but the centre is specifically designed for young children (0 – 5 years). Older children may need to be made aware that some of the resources are not appropriate for their use , e.g. cars that are too small for them.
- Any child must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Even though your child may be able to play independently you should stay nearby to ensure that resources and other visitors are treated with respect.
- Bookings can be made in advance online, or by contacting us in the centre or via phone.
- Play sessions last 90 mins each, the times of which are listed on our website. If you join a play session already in progress, you will need to leave at the end of that session, even if you have not been there for the full session. It is your responsibility to arrive in time for your session. If you miss your play session or part thereof, refunds and transfers will not be available.
- Totcity reserves the right to close the whole or part of the play centre at any time if deemed necessary for the security and safety of guests and staff. Customers will then have a choice to either re-book their places or receive a refund.
- The entry price includes admission only. Refreshments can be purchased separately in our café.
- If you have not pre-booked you run the risk that the play session may be fully booked when you arrive. In such cases we would not be able to accommodate you, as pre-booked places have priority.
- All children and adults, apart from pre-walkers, must pay the entry price.
- Entry prices are listed in GBP on our website www.totcity.co.uk We may change these at any time without notice.
Transfers and cancellations
- All Totcity bookings are non-refundable.
- Although bookings are non refundable, a booking can be transferred to another session.
- Transfers of any pre-booked places are only available where Totcity is notified a minimum of 24 hrs prior notice to the start time of the pre-booked session, no refund or transfer can be made with less than 24hrs notice.
- There are no exceptions to this rule. The transfer policy applies in all circumstances, even difficulty locating a parking space, roadworks or traffic incidents, adverse weather or illness.
Groups and Parties
- Group or party bookings are permitted up to a maximum of 55 persons inclusive of adults, children and babies.
- An ‘exclusive use’ group or party booking covers exclusive use of the play centre for a 90 min session. If your party or group visit does not have exclusive use, other visitors may be using the play centre, including the café area, during your visit.
- On booking an exclusive use party a non refundable deposit of £50 is payable.
- Mini party bookings (min of 8 to 12 max) will require a non refundable deposit of £30.
- Payment is accepted via phone or bacs transfer.
- Visitor numbers need to be confirmed at least one week in advance for catering purposes. If you are paying per child then the numbers we have for your party at this time will determine your minimum payment due to Totcity, even if you bring less children. If you booked a mini party and your numbers exceed 12, you will be charged for an exclusive use party and enjoy the same advantages (exclusive use and cafe voucher)
- PDF party invitations are to be printed by the customers themselves via our website.
- There is no need to arrive early for your party as everything will have been taken care of. Please allow staff the time to clean and tidy after the preceding play session.
- Please allow adequate time for clearing up after your party as we will have a next session starting.
- Party food is only to be consumed in the party room. No food or drink is allowed in the play areas.
- Adults are responsible for ensuring that children’s hands and faces have been wiped, if necessary, before re-entering the play area.
- Young children should be accompanied by their parents/guardians at the party. If older children are invited without their parents they are the responsibility of the party host or designated adults who should ensure they treat our resources and guests with respect.
- Depending on the time decided on, for serving the party food, the play areas may be closed off for tidying when your group finishes eating.
- Totcity does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children. All children must be supervised by a responsible adult/guardian at all times.
- To prevent the spread of infection children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, must not visit the centre for 48 hours after recovery. Refunds will not be given and transfers require a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- If a child or adult visiting Totcity is sick or infectious during their visit they must leave the premises immediately or will be asked to do so. No refunds or credits will be offered in such cases.
- Totcity reserves the right to deny admission or ask an already admitted person to leave if they do not abide by our rules, if they pose a danger or threat to staff or customers, or in case of any illegal activities, damage to property, or offensive behaviour. Fighting, bullying and abusive language will not be tolerated. Guilty parties asked to leave for these reasons will not be refunded.
- Persons causing wilful damage to the play centre facilities will have to pay for any damage caused.
- To ensure everyone has a safe time playing at Totcity, running and chasing games are not allowed.
- Only food purchased on site may be consumed at Totcity.
- Visitors must remove their shoes and wear socks or slippers in the play areas. There is no exception to this rule, apart from staff members. If you or your child requires shoes for walking you must contact Totcity prior to your visit. Staff members wear dedicated indoor shoes in the play centre. Socks are available for purchase.
- No food & drink or chewing gum is permitted in the play areas.
- Smoking is prohibited inside Totcity facilities and this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
- Please also see our ‘Rules of play’ poster in reception.
Please contact us if you or your child has any allergy, disability, medical condition or other additional need that may impact on your visit to Totcity. We will endeavor to put in place any appropriate arrangements to cater for your and their needs.
Special arrangements will be made under management’s discretion.
- Customers are permitted to take photos of their children. Please avoid taking pictures of other people’s children.
- Totcity cannot be held responsible for any images posted on to a public website or social media platform without prior permission from the persons in the photograph or their guardians.
- Totcity will never share images of visitors and their children on our website or social media pages without prior consent.
Security & Safety
- Customers should keep all valuables with them at all times.
- Customers bringing personal belongings into Totcity do so at their own risk. Totcity accepts no liability for any loss or damage to visitors’ belongings.
- Totcity accepts no responsibility for any items left in the pushchairs or coats during visits, and accepts no liability for any loss or damage to them.